The UKCP Ethics Committee undertakes work to:
- promote ethical practice through appropriate means, such as conferences, seminars, workshops and publications.
- oversee, review and maintain the Code of Ethics and Professional Practice and any associated policy, guidance and standards.
- consult and comment on particular ethical developments and policies, as requested by the Board of Trustees.
- disseminate lessons-learned and common themes arising from ethical queries.
- liaise with the UKCP Professional Conduct Committee (the body that delivers the Complaints and Conduct Process) to maintain and develop the code and UKCP’s broader ethical framework.
New code of ethics
We were asked to review UKCP’s 2009 code of ethics and either update it or rewrite it. We undertook a project to rewrite the code and modernise the language used. After three consultations with members and considerable drafting, the 2019 code is finally complete. Read more here …
Norman Cooke – Interim Chair
Steph Hellawell – Vice Chair