The 'Core Process' method is a mindfulness-based approach, whereby awareness and mindfulness are applied to explore any issues and difficulties arising in everyday life, with the ultimate aim of bringing forth individual’s inherent inner health and wellbeing.
Core Process psychotherapy is designed to work by helping individuals become aware of personality shaping processes and to see ways in which it contributes to their suffering.
More specifically, it helps individuals to:
• Slow down their automatic conditioned processes so that these can be examined closely and where necessary, adjusted.
• Access psychological material that was previously hidden so that it can be processed in a safe and confidential environment.
• Connect with their core state and catalyse their natural tendency toward a healthy existence.
Some of the conditions that can be addressed with Core Process Psychotherapy:
• Self-esteem issues
• Relationship problems
• Post-Traumatic stress
• Eating disorders
• Bereavement, grief, and loss
• Adjustment/transition problems
Duration and Fees
I offer 1 hour-long weekly sessions.
During the initial session the issues that might be addressed in therapy are discussed. A further 6 sessions are usually then arranged, at the end of which a review of the work so far takes place and a decision is made for the best way forward.
Core Process is a long-term therapy but can be used for any shorter duration if there is a focus on a particular issue or question.
Initial session is Free, thereafter: London: £50/h, East Sussex: £40/h.