Type of client
Methods of practice
- Face to Face - Short Term
- Face to Face - Long Term
- Online Therapy
Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6
Some concessionary spaces are available
LONDON, Greater London, EC2A
Hello and welcome to my page.
My name is Jacqueline and I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist with nearly 20 years of experience in psychotherapy and counselling.
The people I see experience a range of concerns that have led them to seek therapy. Many people seek therapy because they:
* feel stuck in repetitive patterns in their relationships and general lives
* struggle with depression or anxiety
* have difficulties with significant relationships
* are questioning their sexuality
* are questioning their relationship with a religious or faith based group
* are grieving a significant loss
* have experienced a trauma or traumatic events
* are adapting to lifecycle changes like leaving home, marriage, children, death, ageing parents, or illness
* have identity or self-definition questions after adoption or divorce
* are adapting to moving countries
If you are experiencing any of the above I will be pleased to help you. I also work with many concerns that aren't included in this list. Do feel free to ask me if your concern is not listed above.
I have a particular interest in working with people who have left or are struggling to leave organised religion or faith based groups, and with people who have relocated to London from different parts of the world
My style of working is informed by Attachment Theory, and by my earlier trainings and experience in CBT and hypnotherapy. My focus is on using the safety of the therapeutic relationship to help my clients address life's challenges in a creative and meaningful way.
If this is your first experience of psychotherapy or counselling, you might find the idea of talking about yourself a little daunting.
So I invite you to schedule an initial consultation session where you can try it out and see for yourself how it feels.
If it makes it easier for you, feel free to call or email me if you have any questions before setting up an initial meeting.
In addition to my intensive 4 year training in attachment-based psychoanalytic psychotherapy, I hold an undergraduate degree in Psychology (BA), completed a 1 year Associate's Training at The Arbors Therapeutic Community, and hold a certificate in Hypnotherapy (Eriksonian).
I am registered member of the UKCP and a full member of the BACP (MBACP), and have private practices in Shoreditch and Borehamwood.
- Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis College (CPJAC)