Our recent or past life experiences can make us unhappy with our lives and/or who we are. Talking about these experiences in a safe therapeutic relationship can be the first step to understanding how we can change. Being able to trust our therapist is fundamental to this healing process.
About the way I work
I offer both time-limited counselling (6-12 weeks) and open-ended psychotherapy to individuals in Vernon Street, Derby.
I am a Humanistic Integrative psychotherapist working from relational and developmental psychotherapeutic theories, and am committed to ongoing regular and extensive training.
I offer a safe, ethical, confidential, and non-judgemental environment in which you and I can build a trusting therapeutic relationship. This will help you if you find yourself experiencing uncomfortable or painful emotions during your counselling or therapy. By supporting you with compassion, I will encourage you to experience the healing that can come from being curious about, and exploring, these emotions, as well as thoughts and behaviours.
During your first, free, 50 minute initial consultation with me, we will explore what you want to achieve in your counselling or psychotherapy, and decide whether we will be comfortable working together.
My ultimate endeavour is that you complete your therapy, or counselling, feeling free and able to live in ways which fulfil you and make you content and happy.
• Short and long-term counselling and psychotherapy with adult individuals in private practice
• Short and long-term counselling and psychotherapy with bereaved adults and young people in a Counselling and Emotional Support Service connected to a Hospice
• Short and long-term counselling and psychotherapy with people with life limiting illness and their family members, in a Counselling and Emotional Support Service connected to a Hospice
• Short and long-term counselling and psychotherapy with young people (11 – 22 years) in a youth focussed counselling service.
Training and Qualifications
• MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy: Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute (2018)
• BSc in Psychology: Birkbeck College, University of London
I charge £45 per 60 minute session. I may occasionally have subsidised sessions available. Please contact me for further information
I can be contacted by telephone on 075432651150, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the moment I do not have any sessions available