Are you going through a difficult time in your life right now?
You may be suffering from work-related stress, the demands of partners, parents or children – life can feel like an uphill struggle.
You may be facing a particular crisis, loss or relationship breakup.
You may be bereaved and struggling with feelings of grief.
You could be feeling anxious, depressed or overwhelmed by something that has happened.
Your life could feel mundane and you never really feel happy.
You feel like you are just ‘going through the motions’ of life with no real highs or lows and you just ‘get on with it’. But you wonder if this is all there is.
You may have situations in your past that continue to affect you because of deep-rooted experiences and long-standing difficulties.
Whatever your situation, psychotherapy and counselling can help:
• It is a way of getting help and support in your life now
• It is a space for you talk about the things which you never talk to anyone else about and that cause you anxiety or make you feel down and bad about yourself
• It is a space to look at your life, the things that have happened to you and how you have been affected so that you can start to make changes
I offer a safe, confidential and caring space where together we can explore the things that concern you, help you to make sense of what is happening, find out what you want from life and work towards that. I use an integrative approach, drawing on different methods to help you with the issues that you are dealing with. I draw on transpersonal, CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy) models and I also use Mindfulness techniques in my work.
I am a registered and accredited member of the UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy) and I work within the UKCP code of ethics.
I have a Private Practice in South Woodford and also in Warwick Avenue, West London. I see clients for both long-term and short-term work.
I have almost 10 years of one-to-one Counselling and Psychotherapy experience working with a wide range of clients in both long-term and short-term therapy. I also have extensive experience working with complex bereavement in an NHS setting and in short-term work for an NHS IAPT Service.
I have worked with a wide range of issues including anxiety, depression, stress, loss, bereavement, miscarriage, relationship difficulties, gender and identity issues, trauma, sexual/physical/emotional abuse, rape.
I have an enhanced DBS check and am covered by professional indemnity insurance.
- Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- BSc Psychology and Counselling
- Diploma in CBT/REBT
OTHER TRAINING COURSES COMPLETED
- 5-day Bereavement Training
- Creative Imagination
- My Purpose – The Next Step
- Unfolding the Story: Archaeology of the Soul’s Journey
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Teaching Clients to Use Mindfulness Skills
- Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors – Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Vision Boards and Ritual
- Making Trauma Therapy Safer