I am a Systemic Family Psychotherapist who has worked with families in the capacity of a social worker and family therapist for the past 19 years. I have worked extensively in both Local Authority Child Protection Services and in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (in the community and inpatient settings) within the National Health Services (NHS). I have experience in working with a range of family difficulties, including couples with relationship difficulties, child focussed problems, anxiety, depression, suicidality, trauma, personality disorders, eating disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and psychosis. I am trained in several evidence-based models, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy with Couples and Families.
- Attachment-Based Family Therapy for depressed or suicidal adolescents.
- Mentalization-Based Family Therapy
- Family Treatments for Anorexia Nervosa.
- Systemic Psychotherapy
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR)
I completed my Family Therapy training at the Institute of Family Therapy and Birkbeck College, University of London. I completed my Systemic & Family Therapy Supervision training at the Tavistock Clinic in London.