Depression and Complex Mental Health Difficulties
I am an Existential-Analytic Psychotherapist. More specifically, I am someone who ignites change and helps individuals move towards a positive self- image, healthy relationships and a more gratifying life.
I specialise in working with depression and complex mental health difficulties that are a result of difficulties with love, loss and dysfunctional relationships. Difficulties with our closest relationships impact how we feel about our-self and have significant consequences for our emotional wellbeing and mental health.
I am dedicated to helping my clients understand the dysfunction in their relational patterns so they can begin to develop a more deep and meaningful connection with themselves and with the closest people in their life.
My Therapeutic Approach
In therapy you can speak of painful struggles, explore overwhelming emotions and begin to make sense of your inner world. Through Existential Philosophy and Psychoanalysis you will also begin to explore and develop your own philosophy for living, loving and relating. This may include but is not limited to the following. It is through this process that confusion can be confronted; deep self- knowledge can develop, trauma can be healed and the self can be set free.
• Private Psychotherapist providing open ended long term psychotherapy.
• NHS Crisis Team treating individuals with psychiatric diagnosis and complex mental health difficulties.
• NHS IAPT service treating individuals with depression and anxiety.
I am now a private psychotherapist providing long term treatment for individuals with depression and complex mental health difficulties.
Qualification & Training
• Advanced Practitioner In Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Foundation in Open Dialogue
• Foundation in Group Analysis
• MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
• Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy
• BSc In Psychology & Criminology
• UKCP Accredited Existential-Analytic Psychotherapist
• MBACP Membership
• UPCA Membership
• Existential Analytic Psychotherapy
Like all UKCP registered psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors I can work with a wide range of issues, but here are some areas in which I have a special interest or additional experience.