Contemporary relational Gestalt Psychotherapy (UKCP Accredited)
CLAIRE SPILLER; BA (Hons); MSc.,
Dip. Couns., Clinical Diploma & MSc. Gestalt Psychotherapy
(Metanoia Institute & Middlesex University, Level 7, 2014)
UKCP Registered & Accredited Gestalt Psychotherapist (2011164217) & Qualified Trainer
I am a PhD research student at the Metanoia Institute in London and also a UKCP Registered and Accredited Gestalt Psychotherapist providing online and telephone psychotherapy to adult individuals. I hold a current and enhanced DBS certificate (Oct 2020).
I qualified in Counselling at level 4 in the year 2000 and in 2014, qualified as a Psychotherapist with an MSc and Clinical Diploma at Level 7 following professional clinical training at the Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University.
I have a Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling and am also a postgraduate student on the Certified Cyber Therapy programme with the Online Therapy Institute.
I have an interest in cyber security and data protection and I also study with a specialist organisation for therapists called 'Privacy4' who have delivered many UKCP seminars focused on data security.
I am a qualified trainer with a background in delivering courses face-to-face and online, training therapists and multi-agency health and education professionals in counselling and issues related to mental health. As a therapist, I work clinically with people from a wide range of diverse and multi-faith communities and have an understanding of immigration and asylum.
I offer psychotherapy by telephone and secure online video calling. I use a secure, encrypted video calling platform called ‘Zoom’ for online sessions with enhanced security features and a Virtual Private Network for encryption.
I have a dedicated mobile for telephone therapy and have a comprehensive understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation, which I have also taught professionally.
I am committed to online safety and data security.
I have extensive experience of Trauma-focused psychotherapy with adult individuals across a range of personal and professional issues.
I also work as an associate psychotherapist for a national employee assistance provider, working therapeutically with front line staff, senior managerial and professionals across sectors.
I provide psychotherapy with a wide range of issues including: work related stress; work related sickness; anxiety; grievance procedures; targets; performance; capability; work place dynamics; depression; relationship issues; traumatic experiences; developing confidence; self-esteem; sexual abuse and violence; loss; bereavement and anxiety within the Covid-19 pandemic.
If you are a counselling or psychotherapy student where therapy is a course requirement, I am able to offer a small concessionary rate for 2021.
I have particular interest in the integration of gestalt psychotherapy theory to clinical practice, trauma theory and embodied relational processes and I offer academic consultancy to psychotherapy students. I am a member of the Society for Existential Analysis and am particularly interested in the integration of theory to practice from the philosophical roots of Gestalt including Brentano, Husserl, Heidegger and Merleau-Ponty.
I have completed the UKCP Covid-19 Online Working Guidance.
• BA (Hons) Communication Studies
• Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling
• Advanced Certificate in Counselling
• Cognitive Behavioural Diploma in Counselling
• BACP Certificate of Proficiency (prior to moving to UKCP)
• Clinical Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute, 2014)
• MSc in Relational Gestalt Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute, 2014)
• UKCP Registered and Accredited Clinical Psychotherapist
• Preparing to Teach in Post Compulsory Education and Training, (Cardiff Met Uni, 2018)
• Certificate in Teaching and Learning (Cardiff Metropolitan University, 2018)
I am actively engaged in Continuous Professional Development which includes the following recent programmes:
• MPhil/PhD in Psychology – specialising in Psychotherapy Theory and Practice – Metanoia Institute (current ongoing) (2020 - )
• Certified Cyber Therapist training – Online Therapy Institute (current ongoing) (2020 - )
• Online Privacy Information Standard for Therapists – Privacy4 (current ongoing) (2020 - )
• Moving Your Practice Online – Online Therapy Institute (2020)
• Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (2020) (ACTO / Association for Counselling and Therapy Online – recognised training)
These are some recent courses I have completed:
• Data Protection & Privacy Online Certificate (2021)
• Phenomenology and Gestalt Psychotherapy (2020-2021)
• Embodied Intersubjectivities - The Body in the era of online therapy (2020)
• UKCP Remote Working (2020)
• GDPR Essentials (2020)
• Cybersecurity and Data Protection for Therapists (2020)
• Exploring the Future of Therapy & the Mental Health Profession in a Post-Pandemic World
• Covid-19: Psychological Impact, Wellbeing and Mental Health – NHS (2020)
• Contact in a Virtual World (2020)
• Enhanced Understanding of Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence for Organisational Leaders (2020)
• Essential Safeguarding Procedures for Adults and Children (2020)
• Trauma-informed teaching – Train the Trainer (2019)
• Artificial Intelligence and Human Intelligence: The Future of Psychotherapy (2019)
• Dialogue in Gestalt Psychotherapy (2015 - 2019)
• How Private is your Practice in Cyberspace? (2018)
• The General Data Protection Regulation (2018)
Like all UKCP registered psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors I can work with a wide range of issues, but here are some areas in which I have a special interest or additional experience.