Experienced UKCP-Reg. Attachment-based Psychotherapist with a history in mental health care in Private Practice and in the NHS.
Skilled in Individual Psychotherapy, Clinical Supervision, Psychological Assessment, and Training Psychotherapy.
Attachment-based psychotherapy has at its core an understanding of the importance of relationships to human growth and development throughout life. Secure and supportive relationships enable us to develop a sense of who we are. When we feel alone, or relationships go wrong in childhood or adulthood, our ability to manage our lives may be disrupted or even thrown into crisis.
I see psychotherapy as a cooperative venture between psychotherapist and client. Secure boundaries and confidentiality provide a safe setting that can enable clients to share experiences and feelings that they may not have been able to talk about before. Long term healing of distress, anxiety or depression involves getting in touch with the underlying experiences and emotions to promote creative change in your life.
The growing attachment relationship with your psychotherapist will give you the opportunity to mourn past losses and to explore the impact of important relationships on your life – both current and past.
I take care in considering cultural issues of difference and diversity.
I am an attachment-based Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, and UKCP approved Clinical Supervisor, in private practice with clients with a wide range of personal issues, since 2004. I have been a psychotherapist with an NHS Foundation Trust for 5 years within Acute Mental Health.
I work with clients who are struggling with areas of their lives and/or their sense of self, and may be affected by Depression, Anxiety, Relationship Difficulties, Eating Disorders, Attachment issues, Personality Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Anger, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Suicidal feelings, Self-Harm, Addiction, and other difficulties.
In our first session, we will think about your therapeutic needs, how best how to meet them and the right length of treatment for you.
Registered as a recognised Psychotherapy provider with AXA PPP and AVIVA, Vitality, WPA & WPA Protocol, and Aetna Health Insurance.
Please contact me for further details.
Training, qualifications & experience
• MA, Cambridge University
• Attachment-based Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy - 4 year post-graduate training at the Centre for Attachment-based Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (C.A.P.P., now known as the Bowlby Centre), 2002-2006
• Registration as a member of UKCP (CPJA College) 2013
• Practising clinical Member of the Bowlby Centre 2004-2019
• Practising clinical Member of the Forum for Independent Psychotherapists 2019-present
• Chair of the Clinical Referrals Committee, The Bowlby Centre - 2013-2019: this service matches enquirers seeking psychotherapy with a suitable Bowlby Centre therapist, through an Assessment for Psychotherapy process.
• Training Psychotherapist - since Jan 2015 : I provide Psychotherapy to students who are in training to become Psychotherapists at psychotherapy training organisations.
• Clinical Supervisor - I am on the UKCP approved Supervisors' Register since Feb 2016. I work with trainees and registered psychotherapists
• Executive Committee Member, The Bowlby Centre 2014-2019
• Independent Panel member for the UKCP
Like all UKCP registered psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors I can work with a wide range of issues, but here are some areas in which I have a special interest or additional experience.