Core Process psychotherapy is the original mindfulness based psychotherapy training in the UK, developed by the highly regarded Karuna Institute.
The approach combines an understanding of Western developmental psychology and neurobiology with the wisdom of Buddhist psychology and embodied mindful awareness practices. By bringing compassionate attention to sensations in the body and observing our emotions and thoughts, we can learn more about our deeply held beliefs, drives and defensive patterning.
In noticing how our present experiences are often shaped by what's happened in the past, we can begin to move out of unconcious, habitual patterns and gain a sense of agency over how we experience both ourselves and others in relationships.
I offer a space for you to explore your experience in an open and reflective way. I will support you in a process of gentle enquiry, which will gradually allow you to develop greater clarity and choice over how you wish to respond to life.
I'm a fully accredited Core Process Psychotherapist (CPP) with an MA in mindfulness-based psychotherapeutic practice. I'm a passionate believer in the transformational power of the therapeutic relationship, which offers a unique opportunity to be deeply listened to, witnessed and received with compassion, in complete confidence.
I work in person and online with adults of all ages and histories. My practice is located in Corsham, Wilshire, which is easily accessible from Bath, Chippenham, Trowbridge, Malmsbury, Westbury and beyond.
Training and Qualifications:
* Accredited Membership of the professional body - UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
* Accredited Membership of the professional body - Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP)
* MA in Mindfulness Based Psychotherapeutic Practice - Karuna Institute/Middlesex University
* Diploma in Mindfulness Based Psychotherapeutic Practice - Karuna Institute
* Foundation certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy - BCPC
* BSc (hons) Psychology - University of Wales, Cardiff
* Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) - Bath Spa University
Like all UKCP registered psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors I can work with a wide range of issues, but here are some areas in which I have a special interest or additional experience.