Since qualifying I have trained in new approaches and techniques that have enabled me to find a way of working with each individual to enable me to meet them where they are currently and to move from stuckness to flow. I work within the safety and wisdom of Trauma Theory and Relational psychotherapy as I have found that this gives a respect and equality to my clients within a relationship where there is a clear power imbalance from the beginning.
If you’ve arrived here, you're most likely contemplating some kind of change. You might feel that you can’t carry on as you are, or you may be curious to find out more about yourself. I hope I can help you with either. I am a psychotherapist and supervisor working in the countryside between Braintree & Chelmsford in Essex.
I am committed to offering my clients a confidential, supportive and non-judgemental environment in which to work through whatever is challenging them. Over the years I have experienced how counselling and psychotherapy can help deliver real life changes. I feel strongly that therapy is not only for those with serious mental health problems, but is also an effective and helpful way to maximise personal potential, and to develop and maintain a healthy emotional life in an increasingly stressful world of personal and professional pressures. I offer short term psychotherapy, which can be 6 to 12 sessions and I also offer open ended psychotherapy, exploring the underlying issues behind present concerns at greater depth.
I can hope that I can offer you:
- Opportunities to make sense of life's difficulties in a confidential, secure and non-judgemental space.
- New understanding of the parts played in significant relationships.
- A growing sense of acceptance and trust of yourself.
- Improved confidence in making informed decisions for yourself.
- Discovering meaning in distressing events in the past that enable life to be lived more fully in the present.
- Uncovering lost or forgotten aspects that foster resilience and can enrich quality of life.
Like all UKCP registered psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors I can work with a wide range of issues, but here are some areas in which I have a special interest or additional experience.