I am a fully qualified and accredited Systemic Family and Couple Psychotherapist (MA), with over 20 years of clinical experience, working therapeutically with Individuals, Couples and Families across the age-span, both within the NHS and via my own Independent Practice. I am fully insured to offer a worldwide online service, connecting those in therapy across the UK and further afield, from the comfort and convenience of their own homes. Systemic Couple and Family Therapy is an effective approach to support those experiencing an extensive range of emotional difficulties in Children, Young People and Adults. It can also be valuable in supporting those affected by relationship issues such as domestic abuse/encounters with someone with narcissistic traits, infidelity or bereavement, or those impacted by loss and changes that may have placed stress on relationships, as well as those looking to improve intimacy and closeness. My overall approach is Strengths and Resilience orientated and can combine Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), when appropriate. I work with Couples and Families of all kinds, and am keen to embrace diversity. My approach used is collaborative, flexibly, supportive and underpinned by the latest evidence based principles.
Referrals are accepted from independent clients, as well as via Health, Education, Legal Services and Social Care. I also offer Coaching and Clinical Supervision.
Contact email@example.com for further information, or to arrange a Zoom meeting of 15 minutes, free of charge, (or phone call if you prefer), to get to know me a little and to get a sense of what online therapy might feel for you.
- MA Systemic Family Psychotherapy, Tavistock and Portman Clinic, London
- PGD Systemic Family Practice (Eating Disorders), Reading University
- PGC Applied Systemic Theory, Tavistock and Portman Clinic, London
- PGC Teaching and Assessment, Oxford Brooked University
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Children and Young People, Oxford Cognitive
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Enhanced (Eating Disorders), Prof Fairburn
- Dialogical Behavioural Therapy, Oxford Health DBT Service
- Multifamily Therapy for Eating Disorders, Maudsley Hospital, London
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS), Oxford Health Neurodevelopmental Service
- Psychological Perspectives in Education and Primary Care (PPEPC) Reading University
Within the NHS, my experience spans a variety of contexts including Community and Inpatient Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Specialist Eating Disorder Services. I have also worked within Paediatric Inpatient Services and Children's Palliative Care. Alongside a clinical role, over the years, I have been involved in Service Development and Leadership, as well as providing Training, Supervision and Consultation. As a Specialist Clinical Lecturer I designed and delivered teaching for Graduate and Postgraduate Students in the Treatment of Eating Disorders.
Regarding my Private Practice, I initially worked with the Oxford Priory Wellbeing Centre before developing my own Independent Practice. In 2018 I extended my service to include a range of online options enabling clients to access therapy from their own homes, from the UK and further afield.
Fully qualified Systemic Couple and Family Psychotherapist accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and Association of Family Therapy (AFT) to work with Children and Young People of all ages, and Adults.
Comprehensive insurance held with Balens Specialist Professional Insurers to offer a face to face and online therapy world-wide.
* Appointments available Monday to Friday, with some evening availability
* Offering 1:1, Couple, Family and Parent sessions
* Weekly, Fortnightly and Ad Hoc Sessions available
* Standard Sessions 50 minutes, Extended Sessions available upon request
* Offering online therapy via Zoom (or via telephone) only
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, or to arrange a 15 minute Zoom meeting/phone call, free of charge.
Like all UKCP registered psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors I can work with a wide range of issues, but here are some areas in which I have a special interest or additional experience.