UKCP are seeking two remote working freelancers to support with content migration in the run up to launching our new website, using Umbraco 8 content management system (CMS).
Written content will be supplied ready to upload from Word documents, PDFs, and pages on our existing website, and visual content will be supplied as jpegs and pngs.
Key tasks will include:
- Uploading webpage content from Word documents and existing webpages onto pages and posts in the CMS
- Formatting content, adding headings, quotes, bullet point lists as consistent styles in the CMS page editor (style guide will be provided)
- Adding hyperlinks to pages and posts, page meta descriptions, and alt text to images
- Uploading PDFs and adding descriptive titles
- Adding tags to pages, posts, and PDFs (list of tags will be provided)
- Creating new pages and posts in the CMS
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience using a modern website content management system
- Experience editing content for a website
- Good standard of written English
- Knowledge of image cropping and resizing and access to own image editing software (eg Photoshop, GIMP, Clip Studio, Pixlr)
- Good attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently online and staying focused
Desirable knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience using Umbraco 7 or 8
- Knowledge of or interest in psychology, counselling, or psychotherapy
- Experience writing microcopy for websites
- Knowledge of basic SEO best practice
- Proofreading experience
- Experience of using a support ticket system to raise and report website issues
Project scope: 10 days each between 23 November and 11 December
Location: Working remotely, using Microsoft Teams via guest login (free to use but software download required)
Hours: Weekdays, 7 hours per day including UKCP core office hours GMT 10am – 4pm. Days can be split into two half days of 3.5 hours each, either 9am – 12.30pm or 1.30 – 5pm. Availability in the afternoon on Monday 23 November for online training (paid, included in the project scope) is essential, but otherwise specific days worked are flexible.
Fee: £120 per day, invoiced at the end of the project. Please note successful applicants will be contracted as a sole trader or limited company and won’t be directly employed by UKCP.
To express your interest in this project please send a copy of your CV/portfolio and a cover email briefly explaining how you meet the requirements to Sarah Jackson at email@example.com by 12pm on Wednesday 11 November.