Last updated 23 June 2020
We have curated a list of links and resources that we hope will provide further support and answer key queries.
- Members’ frequently asked questions on Covid-19
- UKCP guidance for therapists on psychotherapeutic practice and working in isolation
- UKCP guidelines for working with children and young people
- UKCP Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- UKCP coronavirus podcast – we spoke to UKCP members about the role of psychotherapy during the Covid-19 crisis.
- UKCP blogs – UKCP psychotherapist and Vice Chair Andy Cottom on how you can frame your online presence. UKCP psychotherapist Martin Weaver talks about the importance of the therapeutic relationship and the risk of stopping sessions suddenly. UKCP psychotherapist Melinda Powell uncovers the increasing prevalence of pandemic dreams. UKCP member Fe Robinson discusses the importance of kindness during lockdown.
Information about Covid-19
- Coronavirus restrictions map – an interactive map produced by the UK parliament website.
- Government FAQ page for England
- Government advice for Northern Ireland
- Government advice for Scotland
- Government advice for Wales
- Information from the NHS – includes information about symptoms, staying at home and a link to the 111 coronavirus service.
- Information for the public from the UK government – includes information about the number of cases, what to do if you have symptoms and what the government is doing about the virus.
- UK government advice about staying at home if you or someone you live with may have symptoms
- UK government guidance on social distancing and protecting older people and vulnerable adults
- Unicef advice on how to talk to your child about Covid-19
Information for businesses, employees, freelancers and self-employed people
- UK government guidance for self-employed people to claim a grant
- UK government guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Business support for Scotland
- Guidance and services for businesses and employers in Wales
- Guidance and advice for businesses and employers in Northern ireland
- UK government advice for health professionals and other organisations. This includes links to more information including cleaning non-healthcare settings and guidance for educational settings
- Keeping workers and clients safe in Covid-19 in close contact services – a UK government PDF
- IPSE advice for freelancers and self-employed people
- Remote Delivery Guidance for the Psychological Professions in England during the COVID-19 Pandemic – A joint statement from professional bodies including UKCP, endorsed by the National Psychological Professions Workforce Group, which sets out the principles psychological professionals are all working to during the pandemic.