I bring 25 years of training and life experience to my face-to-face therapeutic work with both couples and with individuals. I have two sides to my practice, one as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist and the other as a couple therapist. You can contact me for one-to-one therapy or for couple therapy.
I am happy to engage with whatever you bring; I won't judge you and I won't tell you what to do. You can come for as long as you find useful or for just a brief period if you want to talk about something that's bothering you. It may sometimes seem that whatever is on your mind is either too small to mention or too big to bear. But every difficulty is respected and valued for the insight it provides into deeper issues.
There is a wide variety of themes that my clients bring to sessions. So many things can get in the way of feeling able to live a life that has value and meaning for you as an individual.
I enjoy working with
• relationship problems between partners, including sexual difficulties,
• emotional issues such as anxiety, depression, rage, and thoughts and feelings related to your inner world
• blended families, where there are complicated extended relationships, and multicultural or inter-racial partnerships.
• the effect and meaning of events such as illness, loss, and ageing.
• Intergenerational patterns and childhood trauma, that is, pain that we may still be carrying or repeating.
Sometimes people feel they know about what is going on for them, but feel unable to get unstuck. For others therapy can help to clarify what is at the heart of the matter. The process can help you grow and develop, at any stage of life.
Living a more contented and fulfilled life is a realistic aim, as is increased self-esteem and confidence.