Type of client
- Children and young people
Methods of practice
- Face to Face - Short Term
- Face to Face - Long Term
Richmond, Surrey, TW10
I am an Educational Psychotherapist working in Surrey. My work involves confidential sessions with children and families to think about a child's barriers to learning and managing in the school environment.• Children who have experienced trauma or bereavement.
Children/young people who benefit from Educational Psychotherapy are:
• Children who are ‘acting –out’ in class.
• Children who finding reading and writing particularly difficult.
• Difficulties in school settling to learn and make age-appropriate progress.
• Children who have poor relations with adults and their peers.
• Possible attachment difficulties: anxious/ambivalent/avoidant
• Children who appear ‘stuck’ in their learning and in retaining information.
I also offer sessions with parents/ carers to think together as a partnership about their child's world.
- Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis College (CPJAC)