Northern Guild; Accredited Proffesional Training in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Newcastle and Teeside, Tyne and Wear
• Northern Guild was founded in 1983; In 2018 Northern Guild became and Employee Ownership Trust.
• Northern Guild exists to promote mental well- being and the education and training of psychotherapists and counsellors.
• Our training aims to develop individuals of ability and integrity who work in a manner consistent with our core values of honesty, mutual respect, quality, teamwork, commitment, trust and respect.
• We deliver well structured, quality in-depth training that is both vocational and academic, which is facilitated by experienced professionals.
• Our qualifications are validated by UKCP, BACP and also incorporate an M.Sc. programme in partnership with Newman University.
• All our qualifications involve an element of practice-based learning in a professional placement setting.
• Our training enables practitioners to work with adults or with children and young people and leads to UKCP registration as either a psychotherapeutic counsellor or as a psychotherapist.
• Our training is humanistic, integrative and creative, and draws on the relational psychodynamic model of Transactional Analysis.
• We utilise a range of humanistic models and human development, while drawing upon neurobiology and trauma-informed therapeutic approaches.
• All aspects of our training take account of the importance of developing professionalism, ethical practice and engagement with equality and diversity.
• Our training is run by a diverse team of qualified, specialist and knowledgeable tutors and supervisors who are experienced practitioners with a range of specialisms and interests that they bring to the training.