|Pay Scale||(Full time 35 hours per week) £23,450|
|Reporting to||Membership Operations Manager|
|Location||America House, 2 America Square, London EC3N 2LU|
To be responsible via postal enquiries, email, telephone and in person for the majority of first line contact UKCP has with members, potential members, and non-members who purchase its products and services, utilising customer service skills to provide a professional and modern service. Responsibility for processing membership applications, membership renewals, capturing essential data and processing associated transactions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general enquiries services to members, non-members and members of the general public including being part of a pool of staff responsible for dealing with enquiries by telephone.
- Ensure that applications for new individual members are completed error free within specified timescales.
- Producing reports from systems as required
- Responsible for the administration of the renewal process for organisational members including accurate issue of invoices and liaison with OMs to ensure a timely and professional renewal.
- Responsible for the administration of the renewal process for individual members ensuring renewals, reminders, and lapsing is carried out accurately within specified timescales.
- Ensure that certificates are issued error free within specified timescales.
- To proactively identify and suggest to managers feedback and ideas about new membership grades, member benefits and new products and services.
- Actively pursuing the retention and recruitment of members and take up of benefits and services by members and non-members alike.
- Raising financial transactions and invoices, resolving queries and processing payments in conjunction with Finance staff and in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Responsible for writing responses to members in accordance with our house style document and identifying regular enquiries and to include these on our website frequently asked questions.
- This is not an exhaustive list and you are required to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties which may change from time to time to reflect changes in the company’s approach to a culture of continuous improvement
Customer service experience and excellent customer services skills.
- Experience of working in a membership environment.
- Well developed IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel, updating and maintaining a membership database.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to produce accurate correspondence, documents and reports.
- Highly organised individual with acute eye for detail.
- Team player with proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a flexible manner and experience of working effectively as a member of a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven commitment to diversity and equalities and ability to put this into practice.
- Ability to travel to events and conferences. There may be very occasional overnight stays, evenings and weekend work required.
- Experience with a membership database system.
- Able to work to targets.
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org