Benefits of membership
Membership offers a range of services and practical benefits. These include:
- professional recognition, regulation and support
- your voice heard nationally through our campaigning, policy and political work
- superb networking opportunities
- a range of membership categories to suit the stage of your career
- listing as a trainee therapist on the UKCP website
- reduced rate professional indemnity insurance
- the ability to promote yourself with UKCP logos as a UKCP trainee therapist on your CV, promotional literature and correspondence
- 10% discount on UKCP membership in your first year following qualification
- reduced rates for professional conferences and events which can contribute to your CPD
- regional events, members forums and special interest groups
- free subscription to The New Psychotherapist magazine
- email bulletins for professional news, campaign updates and developments within UKCP.
How to join
Once we have received your completed application form and payment information, we will verify your details with your training organisation. This will usually take around 7-10 working days.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for UKCP trainee member status you must belong to a UKCP-registered organisation. You must also be in the process of completing a training course and undertaking the required clinical practice hours with a UKCP organisational member that takes supervisory responsibility for any clinical practice you undertake.
Trainee therapist membership is also available to associate members of a UKCP accrediting organisational member. You will need to be in the process of completing practice hours under supervision as required by the organisational member to achieve your accreditation as a psychotherapist or psychotherapeutic counsellor.
A renewal notice will be sent to you automatically each year.
By renewing your membership you are automatically agreeing to the following declaration/terms and conditions.