If you’re a student, you are now eligible for free membership. Membership offers a range of services and practical benefits. These include:
- professional recognition, regulation and support
- your voice heard nationally through our campaigning, policy and political work
- superb networking opportunities
- a range of membership categories to suit the stage of your career
- reduced rates for professional conferences and events which can contribute to your CPD
- regional events, Members Forums and special interest groups
- free subscription to The Psychotherapist magazine (digital edition only)
- email bulletins for professional news, campaign updates and developments within UKCP.
How to join
Once we have received your completed application form and payment information, we will verify your details with your training organisation. This will usually take around 7-10 working days.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible for free UKCP student membership if you are on a training course with a UKCP-registered organisational member which leads to a psychotherapy or psychotherapeutic counselling qualification.
Student membership is available up to the point when you enter into any clinical practice for which the UKCP organisational member accepts supervisory responsibility. At that point, you should consider becoming a UKCP trainee member.
A renewal notice will be sent to you automatically each year.
By renewing your membership you are automatically agreeing to the following declaration/terms and conditions.