There are many reasons to join UKCP. Membership is a mark of quality that recognises your organisation’s high standards of training, professional and ethical practice. Becoming a member can enhance the standing of your training courses as well as opening the door to a range of resources and professional networks.
Organisational members may be training, accrediting or both.
We welcome applications for membership from new organisations. To become a UKCP organisational member, your organisation must:
- be relevant to psychotherapy or psychotherapeutic counselling and support UKCP’s aims and objectives
- have been in existence for at least three years before applying for UKCP membership
- possess an accountable financial and administrative structure compatible with UKCP’s Memorandum and Articles of Association
- not be a sub-unit or branch of any organisation or institution which is separately eligible for membership
- have a code of ethics and practice compatible with UKCP requirements
- be viable to UKCP.
The application process
If your organisation is interested in becoming a UKCP member, complete the questionnaire and send it to us with the required supporting documents and application fee of £400.
The questionnaire will then be reviewed by UKCP’s Organisational Committee and the relevant modality college. For further information about organisational membership and the application process, contact Alan McConnon on 020 7014 9964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org