Benefits of membership
Membership offers a range of services and practical benefits. These include:
- inclusion in the appropriate national register(s)
- National Register of Psychotherapists
- National Register of Psychotherapeutic Counsellors
- Specialist Register of Psychotherapy with Children and Young People
- a professional membership certificate
- permission to use the UKCP members’ logo on your website or in print
- the ability to advertise in Yellow Pages under the UKCP logo
- the opportunity to apply for a European Certificate for Psychotherapy from the European Association for Psychotherapy
- the opportunity to register with the Irish Council for Psychotherapy
- professional recognition, regulation and support
- your voice heard nationally through our campaigning, policy and political work
- superb networking opportunities
- a range of membership categories to suit the stage of your career
- reduced rates for professional conferences and events which can contribute to your CPD
- regional events, members forums and special interest groups
- free subscription to The Psychotherapist magazine
- email bulletins for professional news, campaign updates and developments within UKCP.
How to join
Once we have received your completed application form and payment information, we will verify your details with your organisational member. This will usually take around 7-10 working days. If you trained elsewhere, and are not already a member of a UKCP organisational member, you will need to have your qualifications and experience accredited. You can do this through one of our accrediting organisations. They will compare your professional education and training with UK training standards and assess your skills and experience.
Do you hold a European Certificate in Psychotherapy?
Holders of the European Certificate in Psychotherapy may also apply through one of our accrediting organisational members or directly to a UKCP college.
If you hold an ECP, please complete the application form. You can either:
- return this form to a UKCP accrediting organisational member
- or, if you are applying through a UKCP college appropriate to the type of psychotherapy you practice, send your form by email to email@example.com or by post to UKCP, Membership Services, America House, 2 America Square, London EC3N 2LU.
A renewal notice will be sent to you automatically each year.
By renewing your membership you are automatically agreeing to the following declaration/terms and conditions.