The affiliate organisational membership grade is for organisations that would not normally fit into UKCP’s current structure and that have a parallel purpose.
Benefits of Membership
Affiliate organisations are entitled to the following benefits of membership. They:
- are able to be listed as affiliated to UKCP on the UKCP website
- are able to state that their organisation is affiliated to UKCP in their printed or electronic publications
- receive email bulletins with news and updates on events and important current issues
- receive reduced fees for inserts in delegate packs or poster exhibitions at UKCP conferences and events.
Affiliate organisations must:
- have an interest in psychotherapy, psychotherapeutic counselling or psychological therapies and wish to support UKCP
- operate in a manner compatible with our Articles of Association
- not be a sub-unit or branch of any organisation or institution which is separately eligible for full organisational membership.
Affiliate organisations are not entitled to vote at any UKCP elections and are not entitled to accredit or register individuals with UKCP.
We undertake periodical quality reviews of all our organisational members. For affiliate organisations, reviews are only concerned with compatibility and such aspects of an organisation’s activities that are relevant to our work and objectives.
For more information, please contact our Regulation Team.