Membership of UKCP is the mark of quality for high standards of training, professional and ethical practice from the leading national professional body for psychotherapy.
It offers a range of services and practical benefits. These include:
- professional recognition, regulation and support
- your voice heard nationally through our campaigning, policy and political work
- superb networking opportunities
- a range of membership grades to suit the stage of your career
- reduced rates for professional conferences and events which can contribute to your CPD
- regional events, members forums and special interest groups
- free subscription to The Psychotherapist magazine
- email bulletins for professional news, campaign updates and developments within UKCP
- discounts on books in the UKCP book series.
Trainee therapists receive all of the above benefits as well as:
- listing as a trainee therapist on the UKCP website
- reduced rate professional indemnity insurance
- the ability to promote yourself with UKCP logos as a UKCP trainee therapist on your CV, promotional literature and correspondence
- 10% discount on UKCP membership in your first year following qualification.
Full clinical individual members receive the above benefits, excluding those specific to trainees, as well as:
- inclusion in the national register
- a professional membership certificate
- permission to use the UKCP members’ logo on your website or in print
- the ability to advertise in Yellow Pages under the UKCP logo
- the opportunity to apply for a European Certificate for Psychotherapy from the European Association for Psychotherapy
- the opportunity to register with the Irish Council for Psychotherapy.