Are you a member of the College of Family, Couple and Systemic Therapy (CFCST)? Would you like to become a CFCST Council Member?
The College of Family, Couple and Systemic Therapy (CFCST) has been established to represent systemic, narrative and social constructionist therapies within the UKCP community of psychotherapy.
Members of this College looking to take on a more active role within the profession might consider making an application to join the College Council as we are looking to elect up to 5 new Council members this June.
Please note that nominations are open only to Individual and Direct Members of CFCST.
We are looking for people with energy and enthusiasm who can work on their own initiative, have good organisational skills and an eye for critical appraisal as well the appetite to read through a range of policy documents.
About the role
The Volunteer Council Member role may include tasks such as:
- To debate key issues concerning current and future governance within the field of Family, Couple and Systemic Therapy.
- To consider, plan and make decisions about how family, couple and systemic therapy is represented within UKCP.
- To speak and vote at Council meetings.
- To review and comment on documents circulated to the Council.
- To volunteer for at least one working group within the College.
- To engage with and support all College members (i.e. help local work colleagues understand the relevance of the College to them and its role in relation to IFT, AFT and Direct Members).
This is a long-term volunteering opportunity that offers growth and the prospect of progressing into other volunteering roles if wished. The expected term is of 2 years.
The reality is that your core task will only involve 6 telephone meetings, alongside approximately 2 face-to-face meetings per year, plus the annual College Day event.
Additional time commitments will depend upon how many different working groups you choose to volunteer for. You will be expected to support at least one College Committee.
The benefits of getting involved
Getting involved with CFCST would offer you the opportunity enhance your own professional development, get an understanding of current governance systems for both the College and for UKCP, and influence future policy developments.
As this is a volunteering opportunity, appropriate travel and lunch expenses related to the College will be reimbursed in line with UKCP’s expenses claim policy.
How to apply
If you think this is the right role for you, do not hesitate to submit your completed application and make a difference to the profession.
The application process is simple:
- Confirm you are a member of CFCST
- Complete the nomination form – including writing a no more than 200 words election statement describing your relevant experience and skills for the role and why you would like to get involved within the College.
- Your application will need to be supported by two current members of CFCST (a proposer and seconder).
If you want to find out more about this role, you are welcome to link up with an existing member of the CFCST council for further discussion at CFCST@ukcp.org.uk.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 28 May 2018.