We are currently seeking one lay volunteer Committee Member (an individual who is not practising psychotherapy or psychotherapeutic counselling) and two UKCP registered members to join our well established Membership Committee on a voluntary basis.
About the role
Both roles may include tasks such as:
- To provide support in the assessment of applications received from organisations and individuals wishing to join UKCP.
- To provide to the committee a broader and fresh perspective regarding the organisation’s membership processes.
- To support and provide input in other pieces of work carried by the committee including consultations, research and projects.
- To support the committee with overseeing the registrant sample audit.
The benefits of getting involved
This role will offer the applicant the opportunity to:
- Gain experience of working within a well-established professional body and committee.
- Learn more about UKCP by getting involved in several of the key regulatory processes.
- Enhance their own professional development.
- Make a difference to the psychotherapy profession.
This is a long-term volunteering opportunity. The expected term of office for members of the Membership Committee is of three years.
The committee has 4-6 meetings per year, which are a mixture of face-to-face meetings and teleconferences. It is expected that members will make a commitment to attend all meetings each year and will be available for up to three days a month to support other pieces of work of the committee such as working groups, correspondence and practice guidance.
As this is a volunteering opportunity, appropriate expenses related to the Membership Committee’s work will be reimbursed in line with UKCP’s expenses claim policy.
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to Laiqah Shah, UKCP Committees and Faculties Officer, at email@example.com.
Please indicate the volunteer role you are applying for by including in the e-mail’s subject line either ‘Lay Membership Committee Volunteer Member’ or ‘Membership Committee Volunteer Member (UKCP registered member)’.
The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, 8 June 2018.
The interviews will be held on the Wednesday, 27 June 2018, at the UKCP offices, 2nd Floor (East), America House, 2 America Square, London, EC3N 2LU.
Please note that the successful candidate will be expected to attend their first meeting on Monday, 9 July.