We are looking for an Education, Training, and Practice Committee (ETPC) Chair to serve for a term of three years.
The Education, Training, and Practice Committee (ETPC) is a key Regulatory Committee of UKCP and has a demanding and important portfolio of work. It is responsible for the setting and maintaining the professional standards of education, training and continuing professional development for all UKCP Registered psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To chair the ETPC Committee, which meets for a minimum of 5 meetings per annum.
- To take overall responsibility for the planning and co-ordination of the work of the ETPC including setting and working to budgets.
- To liaise with senior officers, the Chair, the Chief Executive, and the Board.
- To liaise and, where necessary, work closely with UKCP’s other Regulatory Committees including the Professional Regulatory Committee for Colleges and Faculties (PRCCF), the Quality Assurance Committee (QAC), and the organisation’s Registrar.
- To liaise and, where necessary, work closely with UKCP’s Executive Committee, the Higher Education Special Interest Group, and the Ethics Committee.
- Commitment to the UKCP and to the maintenance of standards of excellence
- Expertise in the field of the education, training and continuing professional standards of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors
- Experience of working at a committee level in third sector organisations
- Experience of working actively with diversity, equalities, and inclusion
- Experience of and ability to hold multiple and competing perspectives and to work productively therewith
- Experience of and ability to lead collaboratively and effectively as a member of a team
- Experience of and ability to use and implement a project-management approach
- Outstanding communication and listening skills, including management of conflict.
- UKCP registered therapist, or equivalent
- Experience or specialised knowledge relating to online therapy.
Time Commitment and Compensation
The role will require you to chair four half-day meetings, and one full-day meeting per annum (remotely, or in-person in London when it is safe to do so).
Additional non-contact hours and collaborative work by email are required to oversee, manage, and ensure completion of ETPC’s portfolio of work.
The Chair is awarded an honorarium of £5,000 per annum and expenses will be paid according to UKCP’s Expenses Policy.
How to Apply
You can find out more about the role by reading the ETPC Chair Role Description.
Please send your CV and a covering letter that outlines how you meet the above person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, 1 November 2020.
Interviews will be held remotely from Monday, 16 November 2020.