On this page you will find:
- our strategic objectives
- our charitable objectives
- our constitutional documents
- our annual report and annual review
We want a world in which emotional and mental wellness is a human right.
To transform lives by unlocking potential.
Alongside professional support for our members we are the leading research, innovation, educational and regulatory body working to advance psychotherapies for the benefit of all.
- Improving access
To make sure that high-quality psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling in both private and public sectors is available to everyone, no matter who they are.
- Engaging better
To improve the way we engage with our individual and organisational members and provide services and benefits which are valued by all.
- Maintain standards of excellence
To protect the public by making sure everyone on our register meets our professional standards, at the same time making sure our register meets national accreditation requirements. To continue setting high standards in the way we govern and organise ourselves.
- Collaborating for success
To develop existing external collaborations and actively seek new ones to achieve a more powerful voice to promote psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling.
To carry out appropriate research and use findings to promote psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling and inform our members’ training and development for the benefit of all.
Our charitable objectives provide a framework through which our strategic aims can be achieved. They are to promote:
- the art and science of psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling for the benefit of the public
- the importance of extensive research into psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling methods, and the timely, widespread dissemination of relevant findings
- the highest standards of education, training and practice in psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling, and
- the wider provision of psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling for all sections of the public.
UKCP’s activities are underpinned by a number of legal documents that set out the framework within which we operate.
- UKCP Articles of Association
Our Articles of Association is the founding document of UKCP, which sets out our objectives, overarching governance arrangements and the liabilities of members.
- UKCP Byelaws
Our Byelaws set out in more detail some aspects of UKCP’s functions, including categories of membership, organisation structure, governance structure, elections and terms of reference for officers and committees.
- UKCP Standing Orders
Our Standing Orders set out UKCP’s procedure for change management of official documents as well as detailing the responsibilities of the board of trustees, committees, faculties, colleges and special interest groups.
Our annual report is a legal document which sets out our activities and financial performance during the previous financial year.
You can download our annual reports for previous years from Companies House.