The college provides a home for all the psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors who share this expertise in this specialist area of work, whatever their theoretical orientation.
Upholding the emotional and psychological wellbeing of children and young people is at the heart of our work. We do this largely through focussing on describing and maintaining standards of excellence for those who work with this client group.
We offer membership to:
- individuals who are qualified in child psychotherapy, and psychotherapeutic counselling with children and young people
- UKCP organisations that have developed or wish to develop specialist trainings in this field.
We also support organisations in obtaining such specialism.
You can join our college either exclusively or in addition to membership of another UKCP college.
To find out more about how and where to train, please get in touch.
College Chair: Jill McWilliam
If you have a reaccreditation query please contact Phil Smith: CCAP@ukcp.org.uk
Standards of Education and Training
You can read about the standards of education and training for the College of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapies on our standards, guidance and policies page.
Training organisations in this college
Organisations that train and accredit their own graduates or whose trainings lead to UKCP accreditation.
- Caspari Foundation
- Childhood First
- Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education
- Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
- Northern Guild Psychotherapy and Counselling
- School of Infant Mental Health
Accrediting organisations in this college
Organisations that accredit trained individuals to our national register.
There are no accrediting only organisations in this college. CCAP organisations only accredit individuals who trained on their own UKCP approved courses.