To create a platform for the transpersonal in psychotherapy that is open to all UKCP members.
- To promote discourse about the transpersonal among the UKCP membership and with allied professionals
- To create events that engage participants with the transpersonal, and opportunities to explore similarities and differences of perspectives on the transpersonal amongst psychotherapy modalities but also with other disciplines, for example Transpersonal Psychology or Spiritual Special Interest Group in Medical Psychotherapy
- To make transpersonal approaches in psychotherapy more accessible to the public and the media
- To promote and encourage research about the transpersonal.
Guiding principles for the group’s activities
- To welcome all members of UKCP
- To promote an open spirit of inquiry and a willingness to listen to each other
- To embrace openness, exploration and all-inclusiveness
- To embrace appreciation of differences
- The Faculty aspires to conduct its activities in non-hierarchical and non-political ways.
If you would like to be put on the mailing list to find out about future Transpersonal Special Interest Group events, please email email@example.com.
Transpersonal steering group members
Janet C Love (founder member)