Our vision is to:
- champion the emotional and psychological wellbeing of children and young people
- be a leading voice for all those professionally concerned with the mental, psychological and emotional wellbeing of children and young people
- be the professional body of choice for psychotherapy and counselling professionals working with children and young people
- uphold the highest standards of professional practice within the field
- be a centre of excellence for the gathering and dissemination of knowledge and research relating to work with children and young people
- be a passionate and value led organisation.
Our mission is to uphold the highest quality of psychological and emotional support for children and young people. We will do this through:
- advocacy – we speak out to broaden understanding of the diverse and complex emotional and psychological needs of children and young people and to uphold their right of access to appropriate and effective services
- knowledge – we maintain a forum for the exchange of ideas and the commissioning and publishing of research
- support – we offer inclusivity of membership to a range of professionals and interest groups
- standards – we safeguard standards of excellence in training and service delivery at all levels of professional practice within the field
- values – we remain committed to our stated values and principles
- stewardship – we accept a shared responsibility for the care of children and young people – past, present and future.
We seek to uphold and demonstrate these values in all that we do:
- compassion – for children and their communities of care
- respect – for the dignity and diversity of all
- openness and transparency
- courage – to stand for the rights of the child
- hope, and
- inclusivity and partnership.
Standards and policies
We also have a role in assessing trainings. The UKCP standards for child psychotherapy training, and policies regarding the practice of child psychotherapy, are outlined in a series of documents which you can find on this website.
Visit our faculty website at www.childrensfaculty.org.uk.
Faculty committee members
Chair – Jill McWilliam, CPJA
Vice-chair – Shaun Goodwin, HIP College
Adele Pile, College of Constructivist Psychotherapies
Judith Lask, College of Family, Couple and Systemic Therapy
Dawn Grantham, HIP College
Yvonne Osafo, School of Infant Mental Health