HMRC publish an online tax guide for health professionals
Tax help and guidance is now available online for self-employed health and wellbeing professionals, including psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors..
The ‘Tax Guide for Health Professionals’ is an online guide that makes it easy for healthcare professionals to understand when and how to pay the right amount of tax.
- when and how to tell HMRC you have started self-employment
- the type of National Insurance contributions you may have to pay when you are self-employed
- the type of business records you may need to keep
- business expenses and tax allowances
- tax Returns and Payments
- self-Assessment online tax return
- VAT and PAYE obligations
Useful tips and practical case studies are also included covering people who are employed and self-employed.
The new e-learning course can be seen here Tax guide for Health Professionals
News section 2015
- UKCP welcomes extra mental health funding, but more is needed
- The future of psychotherapy: science, politics and best practice
- UKCP backs independent inquiry into child mental health services following teenager death
- UKCP and BPC welcome parliamentary report into access to mental health services
- UKCP calls for shorter waiting times and more choice for mental health in Scotland
- UKCP Ethics Committee – External Stakeholder Consultation for the new draft Code of Ethics