HMRC publish an online tax guide for health professionals
Tax help and guidance is now available online for self-employed health and wellbeing professionals, including psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors..
The ‘Tax Guide for Health Professionals’ is an online guide that makes it easy for healthcare professionals to understand when and how to pay the right amount of tax.
- when and how to tell HMRC you have started self-employment
- the type of National Insurance contributions you may have to pay when you are self-employed
- the type of business records you may need to keep
- business expenses and tax allowances
- tax Returns and Payments
- self-Assessment online tax return
- VAT and PAYE obligations
Useful tips and practical case studies are also included covering people who are employed and self-employed.
The new e-learning course can be seen here Tax guide for Health Professionals
News section 2015
- We’ve just launched a consultation to help us improve our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process.
- World Mental Health Day 2016
- UKCP warns that far too few people in need have access to psychological therapies
- UKCP launches Bursary Scheme for Trainee Members
- We Need to Talk Wales: New coalition calls for better access to psychological therapies
- UKCP welcomes extra mental health funding, but more is needed