Full clinical individual member
For fully qualified psychotherapists or psychotherapeutic counsellors. You may be eligible for this grade if you:
- Have completed an accredited training course with one of our organisational members - you will be automatically eligible for UKCP membership.
- Apply through a UKCP accrediting organisation if you have not trained with one of our organisational members. They will compare your professional education and training with UK training standards and assess your skills and experience.
- Hold a European Certificate in Psychotherapy (ECP). ECP holders may also apply through one of our accrediting organisational members or directly to a UKCP college.
How to apply
If you have trained with, or are being accredited by, one of our organisational members, please complete the application form for psychotherapists or the application form for psychotherapeutic counsellors. You will also need to read our data protection policy and complete the member consent to data form. Please return these forms to the UKCP organisational member of your choice.
For ECP holders
If you hold an ECP, please complete the application form. You can either
return this form to a UKCP accrediting organisational member
or send it to a UKCP college appropriate to your modality. To apply via a UKCP College, send your form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to UKCP, Membership Services, Edward House, 2 Wakley Street, London EC1V 7LT.
Other grades of membership open to full individual members
- Full non-clinical individual membership - for members who have been a UKCP member for at least five years and who may be teaching or supervising but are not engaged in clinical practice.
If you would like to change your membership status to become a full non-clinical member, please contact our membership team by email at email@example.com.
- Retired membership - for former UKCP members who have completely retired from clinical practice, do not have any outstanding complaints and/or sanctions and who have paid the annual membership fee.
Read our full UKCP Membership Renewal terms and conditions here
If you would like to change your membership status to become a retired member, please contact our membership team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UKCP welcomes extra mental health funding, but more is needed
- The future of psychotherapy: science, politics and best practice
- UKCP backs independent inquiry into child mental health services following teenager death
- UKCP and BPC welcome parliamentary report into access to mental health services
- UKCP calls for shorter waiting times and more choice for mental health in Scotland
- UKCP Ethics Committee – External Stakeholder Consultation for the new draft Code of Ethics