Service Development Committee
The Service Development Committee's remit is to:
- raise the profile of psychotherapy amongst health professionals and the general public
- raise awareness of UKCP's activities among members, other psychotherapists and organisational members
- oversee, review and develop UKCP's magazine, leaflets, factsheets and website
- enhance national and regional networking opportunities
- develop and oversee national and regional professional development opportunities
- develop proposals for additional activities and services for registrants and organisational members.
The committee meets two or three times a year and also sets up small fixed-term working groups to oversee particular developments. Membership is open to:
- UKCP members, trainees and students
- representatives of UKCP colleges
- lay members.
Enquiries about joining the committee, and from people with an interest in specific aspects of UKCP services interested in joining short-term working groups, are welcomed.
Service Development Committee members
- We’ve just launched a consultation to help us improve our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process.
- World Mental Health Day 2016
- UKCP warns that far too few people in need have access to psychological therapies
- UKCP launches Bursary Scheme for Trainee Members
- We Need to Talk Wales: New coalition calls for better access to psychological therapies
- UKCP welcomes extra mental health funding, but more is needed