Board of Trustees
Responsible to members and the Charity Commission, the Board oversees the fulfilment of the charity's objectives. Both individual and organisational members have representation on the board.
The Board meets four times a year. One of these meetings is an 'away day' which takes place over two days.
The Chair of UKCP and the Board of Trustees is elected. The Chair leads the Board which, together with the Chief Executive, sets the strategy for the organisation. The Chair and the Chief Executive together lead the organisation and represent UKCP to the public.
There is one elected Vice Chair; they support the Chair and attend the Board as a trustee.
Members of the Board
Martin Pollecoff, Integrative Psychotherapist
Pat Hunt, psychoanalytic psychotherapist
Neil Robertson, psychotherapeutic counsellor and chartered accountant
Keith Carlton, psychoanalytic psychotherapist
James Caspian, hypno-psychotherapist
Andy Cottom, Vice Chair of the Professional Regulatory Committee of the Colleges and Faculties (PRCCF), psychodynamic psychotherapist
David Fitzgerald, lay trustee, Director of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland
John Loughrey, lay trustee, Head of Legal at IRIS Software Group Limited
Jacqui McCouat, humanistic integrative psychotherapist
Emma Williams, lay trustee, Executive Director of PTA UK
Non trustees in attendance
Alex Crawford, Board Administrator and UKCP Governance Officer
Acting Chief Executive
Janet Weisz, psychoanalytic psychotherapist
Trustees report and financial statements
Saturday 24 September 2016
- We’ve just launched a consultation to help us improve our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process.
- World Mental Health Day 2016
- UKCP warns that far too few people in need have access to psychological therapies
- UKCP launches Bursary Scheme for Trainee Members
- We Need to Talk Wales: New coalition calls for better access to psychological therapies
- UKCP welcomes extra mental health funding, but more is needed