UKCP’s activities are governed and coordinated by a number of committees.
Board of Trustees
Responsible to UKCP members and to the Charity Commission, the Board of Trustees oversees the fulfilment of the charity's objectives. Individual and organisational members are represented on the board.
More about the Board of Trustees
The following committees report to the Board of Trustees:
- Professional Regulatory Committee of the Colleges and Faculties
- External Affairs Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- International Committee
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Executive Committee (see below)
The Executive Committee is not a decision-making body but is responsible for the effective coordination and communication of UKCP activities. It also supports the Chief Executive in developing and delivering the business plan within UKCP’s overall strategic plan.
More about the Executive Committee
The following committees report to the Executive Committee:
- Conference Committee
- Diversity, Equalities and Social Responsibility Committee
- Education, Training and Practice Committee
- Ethics Committee
- The Psychotherapist Editorial Board
- Professional Occupational Practice Committee
- Service Development Committee
- UKCP Book Series Editorial Board
Take a look at our list of frequently used acronyms and find out what they stand for.
- UKCP welcomes extra mental health funding, but more is needed
- The future of psychotherapy: science, politics and best practice
- UKCP backs independent inquiry into child mental health services following teenager death
- UKCP and BPC welcome parliamentary report into access to mental health services
- UKCP calls for shorter waiting times and more choice for mental health in Scotland
- UKCP Ethics Committee – External Stakeholder Consultation for the new draft Code of Ethics