UKCP's strategic objectives
UKCP has a number of strategic objectives that unpin our work. They are:
Make sure that high-quality psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling in both private and public sectors is available to everyone, no matter who they are.
Continue to improve way we engage with our individual and organisational members and provide services and benefits which are valued by all.
Maintain standards of excellence
Protect the public by making sure everyone on our register meets our professional standards – and at the same time making sure our register meets national accreditation requirements.
Continue setting high standards in the way we govern and organise ourselves.
Collaborating for success
Develop existing external collaborations and actively seek new ones to achieve a more powerful voice to promote psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling.
Carry out appropriate research and use findings to promote psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling and inform our members’ training and development for the benefit of all.
- We’ve just launched a consultation to help us improve our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process.
- World Mental Health Day 2016
- UKCP warns that far too few people in need have access to psychological therapies
- UKCP launches Bursary Scheme for Trainee Members
- We Need to Talk Wales: New coalition calls for better access to psychological therapies
- UKCP welcomes extra mental health funding, but more is needed