Objectives and legal documents
A registered charity, UKCP's objectives are to promote:
- the art and science of psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling for the public benefit
- research in psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling, and to disseminate the results of any such research
- high standards of education, training and practice in psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling
- the wider provision of psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling for all sections of the public
We also have a number of strategic objectives which underpin our work.
UKCP’s activities are underpinned by a number of legal documents that set out the framework within which we operate.
- UKCP Articles of Association
Our Articles of Association is the founding document of UKCP, which sets out our objectives, overarching governance arrangements and the liabilities of members.
- UKCP Byelaws
Our Byelaws set out in more detail some aspects of UKCP’s functions, including categories of membership, organisation structure, governance structure, elections and terms of reference for officers and committees.
- UKCP Standing Orders
Our Standing Orders set out UKCP’s procedure for change management of official documents as well as detailing the responsibilities of the board of trustees, committees, faculties, colleges and special interest groups.
UKCP trustees report and financial statements
- We’ve just launched a consultation to help us improve our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process.
- World Mental Health Day 2016
- UKCP warns that far too few people in need have access to psychological therapies
- UKCP launches Bursary Scheme for Trainee Members
- We Need to Talk Wales: New coalition calls for better access to psychological therapies
- UKCP welcomes extra mental health funding, but more is needed