How to find a therapist
If you are looking for therapy
The key to successful therapy is finding the right therapist for you. Start your search here using our Find a Therapist service. You will be able to view details of practitioners who are taking on new clients. Enter your location to find a therapist near you. You may also wish to read more about choosing a therapist.
If you want to know if your therapist is registered with us
You can also search our register to find out whether a particular therapist is registered with UKCP. If they are not taking on new clients, you will still be able to see enough information to verify that they are on our register. Enter the therapists name to find out whether they are registered with UKCP.
Are all therapists registered with UKCP?
Therapists do not have to register with UKCP or any other organisation, which means that anyone can call themselves a psychotherapist. While therapists who are not registered with UKCP may be well trained and experienced, choosing a therapist who is UKCP-registered gives you reassurance about their training and qualifications. It also means they have agreed to follow ethical codes and standards and to undertake ongoing training and development.
- We’ve just launched a consultation to help us improve our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process.
- World Mental Health Day 2016
- UKCP warns that far too few people in need have access to psychological therapies
- UKCP launches Bursary Scheme for Trainee Members
- We Need to Talk Wales: New coalition calls for better access to psychological therapies
- UKCP welcomes extra mental health funding, but more is needed