How to find a therapist
If you are looking for therapy
The key to successful therapy is finding the right therapist for you. Start your search here using our Find a Therapist service. You will be able to view details of practitioners who are taking on new clients. Enter your location to find a therapist near you. You may also wish to read more about choosing a therapist.
If you want to know if your therapist is registered with us
You can also search our register to find out whether a particular therapist is registered with UKCP. If they are not taking on new clients, you will still be able to see enough information to verify that they are on our register. Enter the therapists name to find out whether they are registered with UKCP.
Are all therapists registered with UKCP?
Therapists do not have to register with UKCP or any other organisation, which means that anyone can call themselves a psychotherapist. While therapists who are not registered with UKCP may be well trained and experienced, choosing a therapist who is UKCP-registered gives you reassurance about their training and qualifications. It also means they have agreed to follow ethical codes and standards and to undertake ongoing training and development.
- UKCP backs independent inquiry into child mental health services following teenager death
- UKCP and BPC welcome parliamentary report into access to mental health services
- The future of psychotherapy: science, politics and best practice
- UKCP calls for shorter waiting times and more choice for mental health in Scotland
- UKCP Ethics Committee – External Stakeholder Consultation for the new draft Code of Ethics
- Job vacancy: Office and HR Manager